Absolutely delicious! Our Executive, Promotion & Production Marama made this beauty using our Tāwari honey and apples from her uncle’s orchard, it was a total hit.
• 3 good-sized apples, peeled, cored & sliced
• 2 tbsp Manawa Tawari Honey
• 2 tbsp water
Have a go and share with us.
• 1 ¾ cups of standard flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 125g butter
• ¾ cup sugar
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 tbsp Milk
• Icing Sugar
1. Cook the apples slowly in a saucepan with water and sugar until apples are soft and leave to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Lightly grease a 22cm square cake tin.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together and rub in the butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
4. Add sugar, beaten egg and milk, mix until it creates a dough-like texture.
5. Divide the dough into Two equal pieces and roll out flat.
6. Line the bottom of the tray with one half of the dough then spread the apple over the top.
7. Lay the remaining dough over the top.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, remove from tray and dust with icing sugar.