The Auckland Food Show is New Zealand’s largest once-a-year foodie affair. It’s the destination for dedicated foodies to stock up on the best food, drink, and kitchen equipment and learn how to cook like a star at home.
This year, the Food Show will be held at the ASB Showgrounds from 29 July to 1 August. It’s going to be a great affair and Manawa Honey is gonna be there!
Kia ora! I’m Brenda Tahi CEO of Manawa Honey NZ and reckon I’m a bit of a food enthusiast myself. I’m sharing here a background on the Auckland Food Show and what Manawa Honey NZ is going to be doing in our stand at the show, as follows:
What is the Auckland Food Show all about?
What’s Manawa Honey doing at the Auckland Food Show?
- We’ll be sharing our award-winning honeys…
- We’ll have some great food and recipes
- We’ll have our PUHI Skincare range on offer
- We’ll have a Giveaway Competition for the Food Show
- We’ll be sharing experiences for visitors to enjoy in Ruatāhuna
We can’t tell it any better than the promo for the Auckland Food Show:
- Mouthfuls of inspiration: The Food Show is packed with the tastiest food, most delicious drinks, essential cooking equipment and show specials that are too good to pass up! So, expect to discover hundreds of new flavours to try, buy and feed your inspiration! If it’s edible and yummy, you’ll find it at The Food Show.
- Learn from top culinary talent: Learn how to create dishes that will have your guests asking for more. The Food Show is where celebrity chefs share their hottest recipes in live cooking demonstrations. Even the most experienced home cook is bound to pick up a new trick or two!
- All the ingredients for a great day out: Every year, tens of thousands of people from Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland flock to The Food Show to satisfy their passion for food. From demonstrations by celebrity chefs to show-only specials, The Food Show is a must attend event for lovers of everything food, wine and beyond.
We’re bringing our award-winning honeys to the Food Show for everyone to taste and enjoy:
- Rewarewa won Grand First Prize Winner of the 10th Black Jar International Honey Tasting Contest held in USA in 2021 so this honey now has the mantle of Best Tasting Honey in the World. Our Rewarewa Honey also won Silver at the London Honey Awards 2021 and Outstanding NZ Food Producers Awards 2021
- Tāwari won Gold Medals at the London Honey Awards 2021 and Outstanding NZ Food Producers Awards 2021, and was Finalist in the 10th Black Jar International Honey Tasting Contest held in USA in 2021
- Mānuka won Gold Medals at the London Honey Awards 2021 and Outstanding NZ Food Producers Awards 2021
- Pua-ā-Tāne won Silver at the London Honey Awards 2021 and Bronze at the Outstanding NZ Food Producers Awards 2021, and was Finalist in the 10th Black Jar International Honey Tasting Contest held in USA in 2021.
We’ll have jar honey, gift packs and Food Show Specials on offer throughout the Food Show.
The Food Show is all about sharing what you offer. Beyond our range of honeys all being on offer for tasting, we will have a range of goodies conjured up our honey. You can try old favourites like Tāwari Honey Marshmallows, or our new product Raw Forest Honey and Lime Infusion, or other special creations that we’ll keep for surprises on the day.
And for those kitchen stars, we’ve also produced a couple of super leaflets containing some of our best recipes, including a few old-timers and some modern favourites.
PUHI Skincare encompasses Mānuka Honey-based natural healing balm and soaps. Healing, softening, anti-biotic and cleansing, anti-aging – combinations of our skincare to go alongside our honey for some Food Show Specials!
Come to our stand at the Food Show and you can enter for your chance to win the prize for our Giveaway Competition – a basket crammed full of Manawa goodies including award-winning honey, honey gift-packs and our PUHI Skincare. We will notify all entries of the winner after the Food Show is over.
Yep, we know this is a Food Show but in our stand we’ll be doing something different. We’re joining up with the Ruatāhuna Tourism Collective – a group of businesses from Ruatāhuna that want to promote our area and create unique experiences for visitors to our region.
You see we’re not just a honey company, we also do tours for groups designed to suit from a menu of activities that includes horse rides and treks, bush walks, fishing, honey and apiary tours, local food restaurant and home hospitality. And there’s more with sister tour businesses here in Ruatāhuna. Yes, hidden away here in the misty mountain ranges of Te Urewera, Ruatāhuna awaits the adventurous, the lover of nature, the hunter-gatherer, the wildlife enthusiast, the seeker of knowledge or foods of another world.
Come, check us out at our stand to find out what’s on offer.
If you’re coming to the Food Show, come and stop by our stand. We would be delighted to talk to you about what we do and for you to try out our exquisite honeys. You can enjoy our giveaway treats and you can enter the draw for our Giveaway Competition. And if you’re interested you can find out more about tours on offer in Ruatāhuna.
Come to meet us, ‘cause we would love to meet you. Here’s the team from Manawa that you will meet on our stand:
- Karioi-ki-Tahuaroa White, Project and Marketing Support, will be there every day of the Food Show from Thursday to Sunday
- Donna Hatcher, Executive Marketing and Sales, will be on team on the Thursday and Friday
- Brenda Tahi, CEO will be on board for the Saturday and Sunday
You can locate us at Stand C15 which is listed under our collective for ‘Ruataahuna – The Heart of Te Urewera’. You’ll find this stall around the corner from the Artisan Village and just down the aisle from the Cooking Theatre. See the Food Show map or in the app for the exact location.
The details for the Auckland Food Show are:
At: ASB Showgrounds, 217 Green Lane West, Epsom, Auckland
On: Thursday, 29 July to Sunday 1 August 2021.
Nau mai! Haere mai! We will see you there….
If you can’t wait until the Auckland Food Show to get some of our award-winning honey, then here you go…
Touch upon the flavours and moods of our forests, and the mist and mountains of our valley through our exquisite range of Honeys of Te Urewera….