Get the party started at home and impress your friends and family with this delicious light tasting summer martini using our rare Tāwari Honey
So relaxing, so pleasant on the palate and so very easy to make. Go on, you deserve it!
Prep time: 25 mins
- Heat the Tāwari Honey, water and figs in a saucepan, stirring until the honey is melted. Simmer until the figs soften.
- Add thyme and simmer for 10 minutes, stir often so the syrup does not catch on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat, remove thyme sprigs, cool and use a food processor to blend the honey and figs into a smooth syrup.
- Combine the champagne, apple cider and liquor with 2 tbsp of the fig syrup.
- Dress up in your favourite martini glasses and enjoy!
- This drink is best made with Tāwari Honey which is a light honey with a hint of butterscotch or liquorice (depending on your palate!). Our Tāwari Honey an international award winner, winning Gold at the London Honey Awards.
- If you really like Pua-ā-Tāne Wild Forest Honey or Rewarewa Honey or this is what you have in your kitchen then go ahead and try it – the flavour of the honey will flow through to the flavour of the Martini.
- We don’t recommend Mānuka Honey for this recipe as it can tend to have a earthy taste that does not suit this light summer drink.
- You can adjust the amount of Tāwari Honey that you use in this recipe to whatever level of sweetness you prefer.