- 2 tablespoons Manawa honey (we recommend Tawari or Rewarewa honey)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock (or water)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or 1 level teaspoon of powdered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2/3 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, then use the peeler
and continue peeling the carrot into long strips
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1½ teaspoons cornflour
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, chopped (if available)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
Cook rice for serving, if desired.
In a bowl or large glass measuring cup combine the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk together the stock, pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, cornflour, and sesame oil.
Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil and once hot add the cashews along with 1/4 cup of the sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the cashews are lightly toasted and caramelized. Remove the cashews to a plate.
Add the broccoli, carrots, peppers, and cornflour to skillet. Stir fry the veggies for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, bok choy, and pineapple and stir fry for 5-10 more minutes.
Add the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens and coats the veggies and the pineapple is beginning to caramelize, about 3 minutes.
Place rice in a bowl and top with veggies. Sprinkle caramelized cashews, green onions, and toasted sesame seeds over top.