- 2 tbsps Manawa Honey (we recommend rewarewa honey)
- 6 chicken thighs cubed, deboned, skin-on
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- Scant 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 8 bamboo skewers
In a medium sized bowl add the garlic, Manawa honey, lemon juice, spices, pepper and salt. Combine well and then add the chicken and turn to cover all the chicken pieces. Cover and rest in fridge for 2 hours. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour.
About 30 minutes before heating the grill, remove the chicken from the fridge and let sit at room temperature.
Thread the chicken on the skewers, packing tightly together.
Grill on bbq over medium heat, turning occasionally until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serves 4.