- 3 tbsps Manawa Honey, lightly warmed (we recommend tawari honey)
- 8 chicken wings, pointed tip removed, skin-on
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- Scant 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 8 bamboo skewers
In a medium sized bowl add the garlic, honey, lemon juice, spices, pepper and salt.
Combine well and then add the chicken wings and turn to cover all the chicken.
Cover and rest in fridge for 2 hours. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour.
About 30 minutes before heating the grill, remove the chicken from the fridge and let sit at room temperature.
Heat the grill in your oven or bbq on medium.
Thread the chicken on the skewers and glaze them with the remaining marinade.
Grill on bbq or in the oven, turning occasionally until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 8 skewers.