Some special New Zealand ingredients in this tart – fine chocolate, avocados and our Mānuka MG100+ Honey. This recipe will be a hit with your family and guests. It’s not just delicious but it’s incredibly easy to make – just whip it up with your blender, chill and it’s ready to go!
Prep time: 20-30 mins | Chill time: 2-3 hours
¾ cup roasted almonds
¾ cup roasted hazelnuts
1 cup pitted dates, chopped
3 tbsp dark cocoa
1 ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
250g Whittakers Milk Chocolate, melted
5 tbsp dark cocoa powder
2 cups ripe avocado flesh
¾ cup coconut milk
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
Fresh summer berries & edible flowers
- In a food processor, blitz together the nuts until they reach a coarse crumb texture.
- Add chopped dates and melted coconut oil and blend until mix reaches a sticky consistency.
- Add cocoa and blend until well combined.
- Grease a 26cm fluted baking tin (with removable base) with coconut oil and press the base mix into the tin.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Add the Mānuka Honey along with all filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over the base.
- Refrigerate until filling has hardened, remove tart from tin.
- Serve with fresh summer berries.
- This tart is best made with our Mānuka MG100+ Honey, which is a Gold Medal Winner in the London Honeys Awards. Don’t be tempted to use Mānuka Honey of higher grade as it will bring through too strong a taste into this tart.
- Another honey that would suit the combination with chocolate in this tart is our Rewarewa Honey, which also won the contest in the USA for the World’s Best Tasting Honey. Like our Mānuka Honey, this honey will complement the deep chocolate flavours of this tart.
- If you wish, you can make this tart well ahead of an occasion and keep it in the freezer.
- Recipe by courtesy of Whittakers Chocolate.